Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blog 9: Static Balloon

As I was cleaning my house this past weekend, I happened to stumble upon a bag of balloons.  Excitedly, I tore open the bag and chose a red one.  I blew it up to a nice, plump size and proceeded to play with it.  I ran around the house like a child and tossed the balloon around, seeing how long I could keep it from touching the ground.  Eventually, it hit the ground and I became enraged.  I turned into a beast and looked around for someone to release my rage on.  My sister was standing close by, chuckling to herself, so I ran up to her and vehemently rubbed the balloon in her hair.  She began to flail like a magikarp, and in the process, knocked the balloon out of my hands.  It flew in the air, and like magic, it stuck to the wall nearby.  I was flabbergasted!  That's when I remembered the physics lab we had done.  By rubbing the balloon in my sister's hair, I charged the balloon.  When it came into contact with the wall, the positive charges in the wall were attracted to the negatively charged balloon, causing it to stick.  Yay physics!      

1 comment:

  1. you did not just use pokemon in this blog. Why would you choose red? Blue is much better, just like blue version

    ReplyDelete